From Schiphol Airport to Delft
- By train: Schiphol Train Station is located directly below the airport. The direct trains from Schiphol to Delft depart every half an hour and take about 40 minutes. You could buy an e-ticket online or buy a single-use smart card from the NS (Netherlands railway) service counter or a NS ticket machine, both located in the arrival hall. An anonymous OV-chipkaart is a convenient option for multiple travel with the public transportation (train, bus, tram, metro, etc). Time table and travel fee by NS.
- By taxi: A taxi stand is located directly outside the arrival hall at Schiphol Airport. A one-way trip to Delft costs about €60.
From Delft train station to the conference venue
The conference venue is located at Mijnbouwstraat 120, 2628 RX Delft between the city centre of Delft and the university campus.
- By taxi: The taxicab stand is next to the bus terminal.
- By Bus: The bus terminal is just outside the train station. You can take bus 40, 55, 69 or 174 and get off at the stop ‘Julianalaan’, which is in walking distance (4 min) from the conference venue. You can also take bus 37, 60 or 64 and get off at the stop ‘Michiel de Ruyterweg’, which is about an one minute walk from the conference venue. Tickets can be bought from the bus driver. A one-way ticket costs €4. For the latest bus time table, please use this link.
- By car: Free parking is available at the back side of the Delft Science Centre: set Mijnbouwstraat 120, 2628 RX Delft on your navigation system.
- On foot: It is a 15-minute walk from the train station to the conference venue.
Public transportation in the Netherlands
The whole country is well connected with public transportation. It is very convenient to travel by train from Delft to other cities such as Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Den Haag, Utrecht. You can plan your trip from A to B via public transportation on this site. Information for the trains can also be found here.
An anonymous OV-chipkaart is a convenient option for multiple travel with public transportation (train, bus, tram, metro, etc.). You have to load travel credit onto such a card at a vending machine or ticket office.
Delft is also well connected with Paris, Brussels, and some other European cities with international trains.